Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Year Plus on my Soapbox



It's been a year and three months since I've been out of school and I must say it's been quite a year or learning and self discovery. I never realized how much I live in Melanie-land until this past year or so. Jeremi and I have these conversations from time to time, particularly on road trips. Seeing as how we just came back from a trip to Louisville to visit the grandparents, I have new insights into me and things I never realized about me.

Here are some examples of my newest insights/epiphanies...
- I never realized that a majority of people are not gutsy. I also never thought that I was gutsy, but apparently even small things like wearing bright off kilter eyeshadow (my newest fav thing to do) can make you daring. Or making random sex jokes that apparently no one usually wants to say out loud. Or having absolutely no reservations about shopping for underwear. (because apparently, most people are squeamish about underwear shopping)

- A friend told me once that most people think of themselves as funny and having good taste. The more I think about this the more I realize it's probably true, but I never bothered to think about it because quite frankly I don't think I'm all that funny. I also wouldn't say that I have good taste, simply that I know what I like and I like what I like.

It's all the tiny tidbits that probably don't matter to anyone (and previously never occurred to me) that I've been learning about. I could go on and on about these useless things, but the point is, I've learned at the very least that I really and truly just live my life going with the flow. I tend not to think about much of anything in great detail, and as I've always said, I'm the girl just skipping through/thru the fields enjoying the smell of grass and flowers unaware of all the world's tiny insignificant details.

Small side note: I've wanted a puppy all my life and wanted to share some photos. Isn't he the cutest ever?



No comments:

Post a Comment