Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Best Day Ever




I have the same excitement levels as a four year old child. When I'm excited or happy, I just want to skip around proclaiming that life is so wonderful, and quite frankly, sometimes I do. Jeremi loves this about me. I never realized that all people aren't like this until I started actually paying attention/observing people. People as a whole seem to me to be grumpy, don't smile often, and just don't act silly often enough. But, I digress as this was not the point of my post today.

Now that I've explained my emotional self, I tend to say things like, "This is going to be the best day ever!" when I get really excited. Went hiking for the first time today and took the dog too. It was fabulous. And so I said to muffin and monster (Monster is so often used as Caesar's nickname that he responds to it.) numerous times today, that surely it was the best day ever.

Went to the Cascades in Pembroke, VA and it was absolutely beautiful. Extremely crowded, but definitely beautiful. I never really gave much thought to how much I love the outdoors, although I did use to study at the park as often as I possibly could.

I suppose the awesome beauty of the outdoors just reminds me that all the stupid things I worry about really don't matter and that in the end, it will all work out. Plus, life is never really how you planned it to be anyhow, and perhaps it's better that way! >)

We're going canoeing tomorrow, my first time actually. So, maybe tomorrow will be another best day ever...

Tiny Tidbit: Found out the difference between through and thru thanks to my darling friend Kate. For those of you out there who didn't know, thru is basically like slang and is never really correct in true written form (i.e. not in texts, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment