Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's a Revolution Baby!

Watched my first episode of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Wished I had started watching when the show first aired, but I did manage to DVR the last few episodes, so better than nothing I suppose.

Makes me miss Huntington a bit, but I digress...

I suppose the show rekindled the passion in me to become a doctor. After all, my big dream was to help the normal everyday crowd become healthy and stay healthy. (Not that I'm an expert on healthiness or the picture of health...) I've always felt like I could relate to the overweight/obese population despite the fact that I myself am not obese. I love food and always have. I love a greasy fatty burger, fries and a milkshake just as much if not more than the next person. I tend to go through food phases. My senior year of college I went through a pancake phase. I seriously wanted to eat pancakes, with melty butter, eewy gooey syrup and milk for as many meals as possible. So, I can see that it's easy to gain weight, but I also know the value of "real" food, as in food not from a can, etc.

What's more strange about this thought of persistently pursuing the doctor route: this morning I was pseudo-preparing myself to give up the med school dream and perhaps seriously consider becoming a baker. Only goes to show just how lost and perhaps misguided I am. I'm a dreamer for sure and I just want to do it all...

Maybe I'll have it all figured out tomorrow. Haha, not likely, but a good night's sleep never hurt...

Tiny Tidbit about Me: I am awful with punctuation. I like to make up my own rules as I go. Also, I don't know the difference between through and thru. Always been a source of confusion, so I just pick which one based on my mood and which feels right. lol. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment