Sunday, January 16, 2011

Football and a Healthy New Me

Cupcakes I made for the game :)
First of all, my posts can't ever seem to stick with one topic.  I think I'm just gonna start giving up on sticking with one topic and just plan on writing most of what comes to mind, after all I'm too scattered brained and ADD to focus on just one thing...

To start, it's playoff season!  My beloved Steelers won their first playoff game yesterday against the Ravens.  I was definitely worried given we were down and the score was 7-21 at half time, but they managed to pull it together and now we're just one game away from the Superbowl.  Cannot express my excitement in words.

Went to the in-law's to watch the game and overheard my MIL and another young girl talking about how football season gets tiring, especially weeks where there are 5 or 6 games on in a week.  I never realized how much I love football and that while lots of girls like the gear and the socializing, I love the game!  I study it, try to learn all the positions, different plays and names of the players that aren't even on my team.  If there's a good game on, I usually pick watching it over anything else.  I even tried to convince the hubby that we should get the Golden Ticket, but he said it was expensive and unnecessary.  (I have to admit I think he's right on both counts, but it still seems really cool!)  I most especially love the big hits, making me your typical Steelers fan.  Heck, I asked for the NFL Training Camp game for Wii for Christmas!  (BTW, it's awesome! And not just for boys like a lot of the Amazon reviews mention.)  Anyway, I guess I never realized that this was a real rarity in a girl!

Other things going on in my life, I started a diet-ish.  I'm not a real fan of any kind of diet, but we've been making a real effort to eat healthy more often.  We still go out to eat and I still indulge, but I try to keep the indulgences to a minimum.  After all, I don't think I'd be even remotely successful if I couldn't eat a cupcake or two or something wonderful, fatty and fried every now and then.  (Had homestyle chicken from Cracker Barrel for after church lunch, it was amazing!)  Anyway, I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel and the energy I have.  Been following the MS Diet too!  More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment