Monday, March 28, 2011

The Year of AHAs!

I'm beginning to think this might be the year of AHAs!  Perhaps all this soul searching is finally getting me somewhere, and quite frankly, it's bout freakin' time!

- I'm really excited about the nursing school prospect.  I've already applied to a school and depending on how my previous credits transfer, I may even be able to start this fall (with some required summer courses), but that's the overly optimistic version.  Either way, I feel like nursing seems right.  It will allow me to be in a clinical setting, hopefully eventually down the road as an np, and will also allow me to work a decent paying job while I'm seeking out all this education.  Hoorah for an answer to the career soul searching! (Also, I have to add that hoorah is technically misspelled and that the first correction offered is hookah.)

- I might finally have a sensible diagnosis for all this health stuff I've been dealing with.  At first we thought thyroid problems, as was pointed out to me by the physician running my patient care class in medical school.  That's not it.  Then I freaked out and thought I had MS, especially since my mom has it, but that's not it.  Then there was a thought that it could be narcolepsy and it's probably not that either.  Went to the neurologist today, and he mentioned both a vasovagal response and delayed sleep phase syndrome.  I wikipedia-ed it (and yes, I know it's not considered a "real" source but it does give a great overview) and it makes so much sense!  DSPS explains my inability to fall asleep at a "normal" hour, to wake at a "normal" hour, which would explain the endless fatigue and a vasovagal response sounds dead on with my "sick" spells.  Very pumped about a possibly correct diagnosis!  Treatment for this, coupled with a possible dairy allergy could be the answer.  Say it with me... Ahhhhhaaaaa...

- Also, I'm really excited about moving to Roanoke.  I think, and I feel the need to say it again, think, Roanoke will be a great place for us to live.  If we live in the right neighborhood (the neighborhood I've been scoping houses out in), I'll be able to walk to school, take Caesar to the dog park, and maybe even walk to other necessary amenities.  Plus, if we get a scooter like we've been talking about, I could scooter to and fro.  Yes, I said to and fro.  The new river is still close by for canoeing adventures.  Roanoke is definitely bigger than Princeton, offering "indulgences" such as shopping at places other than Walmart, and a Fresh Market, and other shops I love that people who don't live in tiny Princeton forget about.  Plus, the area likes to focus on supporting local shops, restaurants and other establishments, which I'm completely into!

One last thing...  I read this book called The Happiness Project a while back.  It really made an impact on me and I've attempted to start my own happiness project a couple of times, and have since started it up again and more seriously committed to it!  Perhaps it's the cause of the aha moments, perhaps not, either way I think it's a great way to begin to change your life in lots of little ways.

I guess that's all for now on the aha moments!  Hopefully more will come and quickly because I'm terribly impatient...

What I'm reading: 20 Something Manifesto, The Healing of America (pick up where I left off)
What I've been listening to lately: Pandora station made from At Last by Etta James (it rocks!)
Favorite New Song: I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked by Ida Maria
What I'm baking next: good question, maybe a new kind of cookie
Looking forward to: seeing Michael Buble in concert again! 
What I thought most while typing this:  Is this a cohesive (not all over the place) post? Or does it just sound like I'm spewing as many words as possible as quickly as possible?  Haha
Random aside:  I constantly have all these random thoughts that I keep meaning to turn into blog posts...  

No comments:

Post a Comment