Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Not So Normal Day in the Life of Me

So I have what I call "sick" spells.  I get lightheaded, sometimes dizzy, nauseous,  my face gets flushed and I just over all feel yuck.  I've had my thyroid checkout and ruled out MS so other than the vasovagal response stuff, no one really knows what's wrong with me.  As a result, I get to endure various random testing, the current one being a 24hr EEG.

Me attempting to look "normal."  I put a hat on and a shirt on top of my wires.
So, (and yes I started two paragraphs with the word "so" despite knowing that it's against the rules) I thought I'd share the joyous experience with you lovely folks.  I have ridiculous amounts of goo in my hair.  I'm attached to what feels like eight million wires (reminds me of the movie Avatar).  I have a panic button.  It's actually a button to push in case I have an "episode."  I have to carry the little machine attached to all those wires.  And my head has a stocking-ish thing on it wrapped in a bandage.  Fun times.  See the fun times pictured here. Haha.
Me with my bandaged stocking head

Me showing off my machine/purse....
I know... you're jealous of all the fun times had by me.  Yup, this is what my life is currently like...

No comments:

Post a Comment